Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Spoke Too Soon

Well I spoke to soon. It seems that I must have still had some steroids in my body on Thursday. Friday m0rning I awoke with a bad headache but I still wanted to go on the walk at Discovery Park in Seattle. The walk was pretty easy and only an hour long. I still had enough energy to go on a 3 mile walk at a fast pace. As a matter of fact I had to hang back a little in the middle because I accidently poked two people with my walking stick.

After the walk I went to get some teriyaki and stopped at the volunteer park conservatory. My head started to hurt again so I fell asleep in my car in the parking lot for an hour or an hour and a half. Since then I have routinely had headaches that I take extra strength tylenol for and I have been sleeping for the past 3 days!

Today I have probably been up the longest (since 10 am) but I am getting very tired out now. It is hard to complete projects. Unfortunately I did not prepare well this time and I have LOTS of laundry and cleaning to do. I have been working on a small load of laundry for two days now. It also took me a couple days to make this lowfat banana cream pie. Last night I was too tired so I just made a box of cheesy tuna helper. The other nights I had a salad or ate a can of soup.

The good news is that this time I am able to hold down food and I am not vomiting violently. Other than that I feel like I have the flu. My body and muscles ache all over and it makes it hard to even motivate myself to go for a walk. Right now my neck is really sore. Boy one of those massage chairs would be really nice right now! LOL Maybe I should go to some store that has one and take a nap in the chair. :o)

In case you are wondering why I feel like this it is because I am having a drug withdrawal from using steroids for so long. The headaches and sore eyes are from the tumor swelling and those side effects coming back now that I have stopped the steroids.

It would be nice to have a normal life that is steroid free....hopefully soon. I am thinking that maybe I will only be sore and lethargic for a week. I am hoping my body adjusts after that.

No comments: