Sunday, May 14, 2006

HOLY CHARLIE HORSE!

I was rudely awaken this morning by a sharp jab in my lower calf muscle (can't remember which one). I had to keep stretching and grab the foot before I could get out of the bed to stand up. Yeah that is fine. That has happened (especially when I am on the Diamox and have not drunk enough fluids).

I made myself some oatmeal with raisins and a ripe banana boiled in(raisins and bananas are high in potassium and help to alleviate leg cramps). I had forgotten to take a potassium glucomate supplement and was planning to make a mango smoothie with the postassium rich yogurt I have.

However, I got lazy about committing to preparing it and forgot that I probably needed in and the supplement RIGHT AFTER THE LEG CRAMP OCCURANCE. As such, I was sitting at my computer just now and nailed by a whopper of a charlie horse. My calf muscle knotted up tight like a knotted rubberband pulled taut. This crap was disabling rendering my leg completely stiff. I had to sit on the floor to stretch it out as reaching down and grabbing my toe from my chair working to no avail.

The muscle is still sore when I get up and try to walk around. I guess I better start adding a regular stretching regimen to my day as well as that potassium supplement. I was all set to write a blog post about the Relay coming up this weekend but I think I better go make that mango smoothie and take a supplement.

Later, eh! Oh and HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all the mothers out there (even the male mothers too)!

No comments: