Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Want to Recycle Old Cards?

Feel good cleaning out while helping a cause that will only cost you to mail a box of used cards.

This does not directly deal with NF2 but applies to everyone. However, last year I read an article through an MS society newsletter about how important it is for people with disorders of the brain to eliminate clutter in order to have efficiently functioning lives. So this definitely applies to people with NF2 also.

I am a HUGE packrat and save WAY too much! I have saved all of my cards for years and have had a difficult time letting them go. Some are just so pretty or too cute that I cannot bring myself to throw them away. As a result, I have an overflowing, heaping pile of cards people have given me crammed in my cabinet.

What good are they doing in there? LOL Like I ever look at them until I find it is time to try organizing and doing some spring cleaning. Still, I just cannot bring myself to throw them out. I don't really have the time or patience to make new cards of them either.

So what is the solution of not wasting them and feeling good about offloading them?

DONATE THEM!


That's right! You understood me correctly!

St. Jude Hospital for sick children has a wonderful program where the kids make new cards out of them to sell as part of the fundraising efforts for the hospital. Isn't that fabulous?

Here is the info and website:

BETTER HURRY BECAUSE THEY ARE ONLY COLLECTING THEM UNTIL FEBRUARY 28TH!


We are accepting used, all-occasion greeting cards from November 15, 2008 thru February 28, 2009. You can mail your donations to:

St. Jude's Ranch for Children
Card Recycling Program
100 St. Jude's Street
Boulder City, NV 89005


To learn more about St. Jude's Ranch and their card recycling program, please visit the website: http://www.stjudesranch.org/help_card.php

No comments: