Wednesday, August 30, 2006

An interesting quote I want to remember

I have a plethora to blog about that it is not even funny. I've been busy with some fundraising efforts that at times emotionally tap me out or shall I say make me too emotional.

A good friend of mine with NF2 has been gracious to send me the ALDA (Association of Late Deafened Adults) newsletter over the past couple years or more. On the last page of the thick newsletter is a quote by a popular metaphysical author by the name of Joseph Campbell. I remember studying his works back in college when I took a class comparing the bible, mythology, and historical writings from other various ancient cultures.

Upon reading the quote again, it seems to fit with many facits and pursuits of my being.

"People say that what we're all seeking is a meaning for life. I think that what we're all really seeking is an experience of being alive, so that our life experiences on the purely physical plane will have resonance within our innermost being and reality, so that we can actually feel the rapture of being alive." - Joseph Campbell

No comments: