Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Quotes I like that get me through

Here are a few quotes that I have enjoyed. I have a calendar with a quote for each day. Generally I also read daily affirmations too. These words are what motivates me and helps me press on. I will leave you with a few of my recent favorites while I do some "catching up" from my return. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

More things are wrought by prayer than this world dreams of.
- Alfred Lord Tennyson

Our chief want is someone who will inspire us to be what we know we could be.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

What people say you cannot do, you try and find that you can.
- Henry David Thoreau

You cannot dream yourself into a character, you must hammer and forge yourself one.
- James A Froude

When a man's fight begins with himself, he is worth something.
- Robert Browning

While you live, while you may, become good.
-Marcus Aurelius

Have a purpose in life....throw into your work such strength of mind and muscle as God has given you.
- Thomas Carlyle

The possibility that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just.
- Abraham Lincoln

It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can do only a little. Do what you can.
- Sydney Smith

No comments: