Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Wow! Where did October go?

Geesh! I just realized it has been a whole month since my last blog post. I got very busy after my birthday trip to Mt. Rainier. It is now 1 month prior to the marathon so I have been busy trainining and preparing f0r it. I am still doing fundraising and focusing on everything I will need to be ready for the big day.

I also had to plan for our trip to the southwest. We left on October 16th and returned very late last night (or early this morning depending on how you look at it). I hope to post a couple shots of the 1000 or so photos we have. But right now my first priority is preparing for the Seattle marathon. My fantasy is to make another blog with more details about my involvement in the marathon, info on why I am doing it, some pictures, thank you recognition to my donors, names of those I am honoring and walking in memory of, and hopefully some shots of my experience in the marathon (probably not great because I have to stand still to get a steady shot but it will at least give you the perspective of what it is like to be in one). I was hoping to accomplish building this site before the marathon but I am not sure I will have time. I might have to just write a little something about it here. In case you are wondering...YES! THIS WILL BE ONE OF THE BIGGEST EVENTS OF MY LIFE!. I am nervous and preparing for it just like someone who is getting married or having a child. One main thought that goes through my mind in all this is "Okay now I am down to one month. I made it through 5 months. Please God do not let me get injured before the event.".

Oh yeah. Here is the Team in Training website: http://www.active.com/donate/tntwaak/tntwaakRDufek

About the last appointments.............well shoot I just don't know what to say. I was told things look stable on the MRI but somehow the MRI report indicates that there is even less space for my brainstem between the tumors on both sides. Somewhere in the process of time the current report indicates there is now only 4mm of space between the two tumors (brainstem in the middle) as opposed to the 6 or 8 mm prior. I have inquired about this discrepancy which seems rather important and huge to me. Afterall, it is MY BRAIN. I have not gotten an answer. Could it be that the reading radiologist made an error????? Well I pursued it for awhile and it just exhausted me. There is nothing to be done anyhow if there was some growth nobody caught except to just cut it out. I am focused on the marathon right now and don't want anything to change my plans. I will do some more prodding and investigation into after the big event.

In case you have not figured it out like I have over the past few months, one event carries me over to the next. It gives me something to look forward to and focus on. About a year or so ago I was afraid or leary to make plans (such as traveling) so far in advance because I was not sure what was going to happen or if I would make it there.

My birthdays are kind of like that now. There was a time after treatment when I was afraid I would not make it to my 32nd birthday. It is kind of like the movie "Final Destination". It felt really great when I made it to that day and it had passed! So each year is kind of a milestone for me now. I reflect back on all that I have been through and how far I had come when I was uncertain to be at that point.

No comments: