Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Gratitude - What are you thankful for?

Over the past week, gratitude is a theme which keeps coming back to mind and has ironically been appearing in books and blogs that I read.

As suggested in the book "The Secret", Harley and I started a new daily ritual of starting out our day by thinking of something we are grateful for. I took it a step further and said everyday we should seek to find something positive. We have started journaling our entries daily and normally at breakfast we ask each other what we are grateful for.

Today I am incredibly grateful that I have life and a quality one at that! I am filled with overwhelming joy for a successful recovery and a year with out surgery as was anticipated. I am higher than a kite to have escaped dealing with surgery/treatment for 2008 and I have nearly been off steroids for a year! (I had to take them until March 2008 post surgery).

This was a really good vibe to start my day. So to add to that, I already picked my positive which is that the sun is shining and I woke up feeling good and "normal" this morning. This is after struggling the previous couple mornings with a bad headache, nausea, and fatigue. It is so wonderful I can actually think this morning. A bonus to this is that I went for over an hour run last night and felt great doing it which is absolutely marvelous!

Yesterday morning I did not feel so well until after I read Stephen Hopson's latest post on Adversity University Blog. What was his theme?

GRATITUDE!

I hope that it inspires your day too! :o)

Adversity University

"WOW! Every single cell, nerve, tissue and organ in my body was tingling with excitement"......(click to read more)

P.S. - Thank you to my dear friends Skip and Olivia (The Fabulous Running Mommy) for being the first donors in my fundraising campaign for NF2 research! You made my week and setup the drive for my last 3 successful runs (and one was 6 miles and the other 5-5 1/2 miles). You both are awesome people and I am so grateful and lucky to have you in my life!

No comments: