Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Rebecca Dufek is Here!

Have you been thinking of something to be grateful for everyday? If you are struggling or going through a difficult time, it is even more crucial to count your blessings and focus on the positive aspects of your life. Discard the negative thoughts and energy that comes with it and replace it with what IS going right to bring more of it to you.

Yesterday (and actually everyday) I am very grateful for my life.

Have you seen the movie "Henry Poole is Here" yet? If not, I would highly recommend it to provide you a good dose of why it is important to have a belief and to learn that you become what you think about. The movies focuses around a very profound concept. (If you will watch it, you will understand the title of the movie and hence the title of my post.)

You see, like Henry Poole, I have faced my mortality at least twice in my lifetime. There were thoughts at first that "Rebecca WAS here" but I had a faith and belief that replaced the "was" with "is".

So back to what I am grateful for. I AM here! And I am able to see, smell, taste, move, run, love, give, and enjoy to name a few. It is 16 years longer than I originally expected. It is 1-5 years longer than I had feared.

I am very thankful to my husband, family, doctors, and friends who have played a part in making that life happen. Quite a bit to be grateful for, isn't it?

No comments: