Saturday, July 16, 2011

It's A Happy Anniversary Day!

Today not only marks our 11th wedding anniversary but is also exactly 2 months since my 3rd brain surgery.

I AM ALIVE AND WELL!




To celebrate we are heading down to Mt rainier to spend the night at the Paradise Inn which is the highest altitude hotel in the state. After a relaxing evening and a comfort dinner in the beautiful log lodge, we will hopefully wake up to a stunning view of her majesty to enjoy a great day of hiking at altitude. Maybe we will even catch a glorious sunset as the sun has peeped through the clouds now. :)

This month I have been occupying myself with catching up the hike season, working on getting into full gear again, and commencing with my next big training endeavor which will require lots of discipline and fine-tuning a healthy life balance for optimum energy. So far this month I have spent 6 days of hiking, 4 days of training runs starting last week - 1 mile of a 5 mile walk, 30 minutes, 50 minutes, and 6.1 miles yesterday; returned to water aerobics this week, and started training with kettle balls again which is quite a workout. After working with Merrie on the kettle balls I am very sore for the next couple days and have taken Thursdays off as a either complete rest day or easy walk day with the dogs.

There have been some very beautiful days in the mountains. I am on the iPad right now so no pictures today. I will try to post a few photos early next week before I leave to Portland again on Thursday. I am returning for facial and eye appointments.

Stay tune for a report of my hike adventures! Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on both achievements.