Sunday, April 10, 2005

Inspirational Readings

This will be quick as I have to get to bed.

I am finishing one of two great books that my mother has sent me. Both books and authors are very good.

The book that I have finished reading is "Anyway: The Paradoxical Commandments - Finding Personal Meaning in a Crazy World" by Kent Keith.

Here are a few of my favorite paradoxical commandments:

"People are illogical, unreasonable, and self centered. LOVE THEM ANYWAY."

"The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds. THINK BIG ANYWAY."

The one I am currently reading is "In The Spirit" by Susan Taylor.

Here are a few quotes that really stood out in mind:

"We aren't happy because we are healthy, we're healthy because we are happy."

"Having faith does not mean sitting back and waiting for miracles. LIFE is the miracle. YOU are the miracle."

"Our biggest problems in life come not so much from the difficulties we confront but from how we perceive and respond to them ."

I also enjoy "Simple Abundance: A Daybook of Comfort and Joy" by Sarah Ben Breathnach which is a marvelous daily read and motivator!

No comments: