Sunday, June 08, 2008

NF Quest Training Log 1 - the beginning

05-22-08 Thursday
1 hour walk with Michelle to hatchery

05-23-08 Friday
05-24-08 Saturday


Snoqualmie Valley Trail Fall City east; 2 hour 40 minutes; higher; hot and dry; No water on this portion of the trail as it is higher up and too high to climb down to the creek. I was worried the dogs were going to dehydrate and had to stop to give them a couple minute rests. After not finding water when we hiked over an hour we turned around and I desparately searched the areas off the trail. We found a mud puddle and then shortly after I spotted a creek down off the trail which we were able to access. Phew!

05-25-08 Sunday
East Lake Sammamish Trail run 1 hour 2 minutes; sunny evening

05-26-08 Monday
05-27-08 Tuesday
05-27-08 Wednesday


05-29-08 Thursday
walk in Issaquah Highlands 1 hour 10-15 minutes

05-30-08 Friday
05-31-08 Saturday
– complete day off

06-01-08 - Sunday
NF Challenge 5 K (3.1 miles); 5-10 minute warmup run followed by cool down walk with Kate; chest weight routine at gym
Walk with Harley on the Snoqualmie Valley Trail – 4 miles

06-02-08 - Monday
Ran 28 and a half minutes on Redmond ridge followed by a 12 minute walk
Early in the day spent an hour at the gym –arms weights/balance/abs

I made it up the hill on the Redmond Ridge trail and stopped at the top to walk the rest of the way as I was so exhausted. My pedometer must not work right because I ran for 28 and a half minutes and it said I did not even go 2 and a quarter miles. I know that is just wrong from my walking pace and the fact that I ran 3.1 miles the day prior in 27-28 minutes. Even after a brisk walk for 12 minutes following the run, the pedometer said I had not covered 3 miles. That is just wrong. I had my doubts about it as when I used it the other night and walked briskly for over an hour it said I had not reached 4 miles. Still I gave the pedometer the benefit of the doubt as I had gone off the trail for a couple minutes to go to the bathroom and walked uphill part of the way. Yet, nearly the entire way was paved which allows me to have a faster time.

Today is day 4 of the nose bleeds. All I was doing was sitting at the computer typing out a letter and blood started pouring out the same nostril (on the left). I am unsure if I touched my nose slightly…..maybe a passing rub grazing the top. Being tired and having another nose bleed was another reason (aside from the rain) that I chose to take it easy today. However, during that brief couple hours that it had stopped, I worked up the idea of going anyway. Tonight (shortly) I will head to water aerobics and then do my leg weight routine.

6-03-08 - Tuesday

The rain today has been pretty constant fooling me with a brief couple hour break, a peak of sun for a few minutes, and then starting back up when I was considering taking a run. I feel awfully guilty about not running today and not walking. The run last night was hard though. I was sore from the 5 K run Sunday and had tight hamstrings and calves. Again it was a run where I had to motivate and force myself.

Today is day 4 of the nose bleeds. All I was doing was sitting at the computer typing out a letter and blood started pouring out the same nostril (on the left). I am unsure if I touched my nose slightly…..maybe a passing rub grazing the top. Being tired and having another nose bleed was another reason (aside from the rain) that I chose to take it easy today. However, during that brief couple hours that it had stopped, I worked up the idea of going anyway. Tonight (shortly) I will head to water aerobics and then do my leg weight routine.

6-04-08 - Wednesday

First day without a nosebleed in 4 days!
1 hour at gym; leg weights
36-38 minute run on Redmond Ridge; bad fall as dogs chased a rabbit. Skinned my knees that bled; got back up and kept running.

06-05-08 Thursday

58 minute walk in Daniel’s ranch; twice on hill; water aerobics, chest weight routine; 4 minutes 5 squats on balance device

06-06-08 Friday

2 hour 35 minute walk on SVT behind Carnation PO

06-07-08 Saturday - rest day before event

Note: This log is not complete. I took only Saturday off the past 2 weeks but have not filled everything out yet. I either walk daily for an hour briskly or run for 30-38 minutes sometimes followed by a walk. I do weight training at the gym 3 times a week and water aerobics 2 times a week.

No comments: