Monday, November 03, 2008

Pruning Your Life

Before I recieved an email from Mac Anderson about simplifying your life, I had already decided that it was about time to do that this month. Time to weed out what I don't want and do not use anymore. Everything is getting way too cluttered and I do not have enough space so that makes life for me hard to manage.

Ironically after my surgery last year, I got a newsletter from the MS society with a fantastic article about why people with MS and other illnesses and disorders of the brain need to simplify things. I for one, have had challenges to my short term memory and get very forgetful so if there are too many things crammed in a closet or scattered around, remembering what I have or where I put things becomes too difficult.

Over the past couple weeks this forgetfulness has been weaving its way back into my life. It is time to go back to making lists of what I need and what I have to do and to get rid of the clutter so that I can think properly and be efficient. When things are too disorganized, it becomes difficult to think clearly and I waste lots of time trying to figure out what has to be done.

Funny thing is that Harley and I were just arguing about this over the weekend. He was saying that "less is more" regarding our decor. I have a packrat habit and like to save everything and put too many things on a table or shelf which to him appears messy. LOL I did not feel like arguing about it so before our party I went to town and to the gym. When I returned, he had rearranged things and took some things out and did a fantastic job! I was so impressed! I wish I had that skill. So this was a good lesson in experiencing "less is more" to get me on the track that I desire to be. The focus is to strive to make things better so that I can be the best that I can be and use my full potential.

Here is what Mac wrote me about the new gift book titled "Finding Joy - Simple Secrets to a Happy Life" that he offers.

Inspriational Video about finding joy:

http://www.simpletruths.tv/movies.php?movie=FJOY

"One of the conclusions I've reached as I've grown older and, I hope, wiser is that...less is usually more. In other words, when given the opportunity to simplify your life...take it.

I compare it to pruning a tree. By removing the excess branches the tree has more energy to bear beautiful blossoms and healthy fruit. Your life is no different. When you continually prune the areas not bearing fruit, you will be able to focus your energy on what matters most.

That's what Finding Joy is all about...reminding us to uncomplicate our lives and focus on what matters most. The subtitle of this beautiful gift books says it all...Simple Secrets to a Happy Life!

Also, since its release 3 months ago, our 3 minute inspirational movie has been watched by over 5 million people around the world. The music, the photography and the quotes will take your breath away!"

Live with Passion,
Mac Anderson
Founder, Simple Truths

No comments: