Wednesday, November 09, 2005

God's Amazing Gifts. If you look, you will find them.

After a week of rain and darkness, something amazing happened when I went for a walk with the dogs on Sunday and Monday afternoon. On Sunday afternoon I noticed the sun peaking out and grabbed the chance to walk the dogs on our "magic trail". As soon as I left the house it started to shower again. Drats I thought as I did not wear my rain jacket but still had ample enough layers (helly hansen long underwear) and my waterproof shoes.

While driving out of the wooded part and approaching the open field near the across from the farms, I witnessed something magnificent! It was a huge bright rainbow. The sun was shining but there were still sprinkles creating a marvelous site!

What was so unique and unusal about this rainbow compared to the many I have seen in my lifetime, is that I could literally see the end of it and it was the brightest one I had ever seen!. While looking out into the field I realized that I would have to pull over to really focus on it. The rainbow literally traversed down to the ground in the middle of a field.

No, I did not see a giant pot of gold but what I did see in my eyes was completely surreal! I saw a brown image behind the rainbow which could have been either an old rusted car or a tractor. In front where the rainbow was bursting out with a profusion of color was a retiring dahlia patch! It was the only one around. I wish I had a camera because the image was so perfect and unbelievable! The beauty was a sheer delight!

I continued to drive and witnessed the entire rainbow spreading over the Nestle farm valley. The image was storybook with the sun pouring in from the west over the green and gold fields of the Nestle training facitlity (called "The farm") and plantation. To the east were clouds of white and greyish blue in large puffs throwing an amazing hue of color. The farm is painted white with some red buildings and a huge painted white and black cow. Across from the farm long white fences bordered by trees with golden leaves dot the road through the field to the picturesque buildings in the distance. As I drove east, I can not spot the river through the plantation of trees with falling yellow leaves and in the distance I could see snow resting atop the cascade mountains.

Just when I thought it could not get any more perfect, I was blessed with an even more glorious site on Monday afternoon! When I rounded the bend and sprung from the wooded area, There was a double rainbow! The second rainbow above it was much lighter but could still clearly be seen. The more vibrant of the two also continued to produce almost a third continueing directly from its lines of color.

The sight was so fantastic that I found myself needing to pull over a few times. When I reached the trailhead, a young woman pulled over to take a picture but the sight was much fainter and the powerlines running along the main road were in the way. I directed her to drive up to the Nestle Farm area where the rainbows looked glorious and a picture perfect postcard shot could be taken.

The rainbow almost seemed to follow us and I could see it along our walk. When we first got out of the truck it started to rain or maybe slightly hail tiny bits as seen on my dogs' coats. We jogged a bit in the sun and rain or hail under we reached the treeline.

I was surprised to see the rainbow through the trees still when we reached the pond which is our turn around point. The sunset was just as glorious and it was a hard choice of which side to gaze at (east for rainbow, west for sunset). The sunset was beautiful in puffs of pink and peach jutting out from the pale whitish yellow of the sun behind the clouds. Alas the gifts were coming to an end and we needed to turn back and head for home as it would be almost dark by the time we reached the truck.

No comments: