Sunday, November 13, 2005

My Current Read

I don't know why but I stopped reading books for sometime now. Maybe I got bored or maybe it just wore me out. Of course I still read things on the internet. Maybe I was getting involved in discussions and research.

In any case, there are two books I am reading right now.

One is more of a daily affirmation kind of read titled "MIRACLES ARE HEAVEN SENT" by Honor Books. It is a collection of scriptures, quotes, stories, and poems relating to the mysteries of God. Each verse provides me a chance for reflection and uplifts my spirits.

The other book which I am really enthralled in at the moment is "Lucky Man" by Michael J Fox. In his autobiography he intimately shares his life and his current battle with Parkinson's Disease. The book gives me a sense of comfort and paints a vivid and honest account of his journey from childhood into adulthood.

I have always admired his outlook despite being diagnosed with an incurable disease (which may soon change with the recent advances in medical science). The point of the title is that he feels he has become a "lucky man" because of his disease. As difficult as it may seem sometimes, I feel that my own journey with NF2 has afforded me opportunties that I would not have known otherwise. In many ways I often think of how "lucky" and blessed that I have been.

No comments: