Sunday, October 16, 2005

Enough Is Enough!!!

All right I am getting pretty ticked off here. Every since my first mini vacation to British Columbia I have been getting spammed on this blog by some inconsiderate meatheads. I went thru back in September I deleted the spam comments that I found. In case you are wondering it goes something like this "Nice Blog. Read mine at blahblahblah."

If you have seen this under the comments section please do not click on the link they have provided. This is a scam to get as many people to click their link as possible so that they can make money off the number of hits they have on their blog. I naively did not know this at first and clicked on one of these links only to find there was no identity to the owner. Then I received a plethora of comments on my blog that appeared to be from different people but I clicked on the links and was brought to the same page. Some of these comments even had the EXACT same wording but a different name attached. I have been trying to clean this up but I got attacked again while I was on vacation and another one appeared today.

Whatever you do, PLEASE do not waste your time and click on their link. The reason this is happening is because I opened my blog up to annonymous comments so that my readers (friends, family, fellow NF2ers, and whoever is sincerely interested) would not have to register and enter a password each time they wanted to leave a comment. I apologize sincerely but it appears that this method is not working and that I am going to have to remove annonymous comments from the blog.

I do sincerely like your comments and it makes me feel good that someone cares and is reading. However, to protect the blog, my time, and your time, I am going to have to ask you to register to leave comments so that this spam does not continue.

Thanks for understanding and I hope that you continue on the journey with me.

Now spammers.....GET THE H--- OFF MY BLOG!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you have to deal with the Spam. I LOVE to hear from you in this fashion and I will continue to log on. Connie

Rebecca said...

Hey Connie thanks for writing. It looks like I will have to shut down the anonymous comments unfortunately as I got a really rude one this morning. Obviously they don't even read my blog as the sender felt I needed my penis enlarged! Gee.... did the steroids make me grow one and I did not notice it?

In any case, you will still be able to continue on the odyssey by reading but if you want to post a comment you will have to register. I have not made the change yet. I will sometime later this week.

Hope you are doing well up there and that it is a beautiful fall! Katie is doing well now and I can take both of them walking with me. We visited her boyfriend in Arizona (She was rather affectionate with our friend's dog Budha while they lived in Seattle. Jake being her brother, of course, did not like it when they were flirting around!)