Friday, December 23, 2005

Music Update from an LDA (late deafened adult)

I actually have had many things to write about but of course so little time. After I last wrote the music fortunately changed and I began to enjoy a plethora of beautiful clarinet solos. What a rich and fullfilling sound. I am glad that I can remember it.

To name a few songs over the past week I have heard in my mind "Three Blind Mice"......LOL don't ask me where that came from. Maybe I used to play that song often when learning to play the clarinet as a young pianist would often practice chopsticks. I have to admit though that it is a good instrumental song on the clarinet....."Three Blind Mice".

Let's see, what I can remember playing in my head this week. Hmn. "Little Town of Bethleham", "These Three Kings".....played by oboe and other instruments, "The Star Spangled Banner" both in voice and a band or orchestra (I am hearing this very often....maybe because I have been watching episodes of "24"), "What Child Is This" and "Frosty the Snowman". I think there were more but I can't remember what played. I should have written it down.

Currently I am hearing "Noel". Or is it titled "The First Noel"? I can hear both instruments (flutes, a synthesizer, and many others) as well as voice. The man who is singing reminds me of the voice off the older cartoon version of "The Hobbit". His voice is very folklore type and irish sounding. Perhaps I am remembering an actual song from a Christmas special I saw as a kid. In any case, I really enjoys his singing. It is kind and comforting. I can picture in my head a cherry cheeked hobit or elf. It makes me want to kick back an watch my old favorite Christmas specials and "The Hobbit" again.

No comments: