Thursday, June 07, 2007

Positives

Everyday the challenge is to find the the good no matter what life throws at you.

Good moments today and the past few days:

When I was struggling with dispair and hope while fear began sinking in, I read that Sean Swarner is back on the mountain (Denali) and will "Keep Climbing" to achieve his goals and be an inspiration for the cancer community.

To read his journal and follow his journey go here: http://www.cancerclimber.org/climb.html

I discovered that my long time friend has found someone truly special and is engaged! Congratulations Joanne and Travis!
To see photos of their spectacular sailing journey and where Travis proposed, go here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/joannedelorme/Providencia

I am blessed with a wonderful and supportive husband who is always there for me. We have had many good times together and our life is always full and an interesting journey.

My dogs (even though almost 6 years old) are still as cute as puppies and bring a smile and much joy to my life everyday.

Last night I was able to stand on the BOSU ball trainier for over 5 minutes setting a new personal record!!!!!

The other day on a walk with the dogs, we saw a fantastic site! We witnessed a large bird which I assume was a majestic Great Herring at the pond for the first time this year. On the same walk there was a fresh rain that cleared with the sun breaking through the clouds. The aroma of the fresh earth and grass reawakened my spirit as I inhaled the breath of living.

A few days prior when we were out for our walk on the same trail, a lovely couple bird watching and taking pictures stopped me to show their wonderful discovery. Even though I am deaf, they were still interested in communicating (the man knew how to fingerspell) and pointed out the very RARE site of an American Bittern which I have never seen in the wild before. If they had not been so kind and eager to share their discovery, I would have missed the opportunity.

Saturday was nice and I had the chance to visit one of my places of refuge here at the Bellevue Botanical Gardens. The blooms and perfection of landscape are just lovely! It is an art I truly appreciate mostly especially because I do not have a green thumb! It is nice to have such peaceful places nearby to visit. As an added bonus, Harley surprised me and showed up. We had text messaged each other as we had different agendas that day and I thought he was in a complete different location. LOL While taking a photo of some gorgeous rhododendron trees, he came up to me from behind! hehe ;o)

Here is a quote that has instilled inspiration and hope for me today. I have read it before but it left my mind and today was a perfect time to revisit it!

You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face…You must do the thing you think you cannot do.
- Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments: