Saturday, February 28, 2009

Hey, guess what?

I just ran at least 26 miles this week! I accomplished my longest training run of 12 miles this morning. It wasn't easy but I did it!

I just enjoyed a can of hot soup for lunch with some wheat bread. I also made a mug of hot tea and I am going to try and brave a very cold water bath right now (don't have ice at home). My muscles are pretty sore and stiff. The cold water helps them to recover so I hopefully will not feel it as much tomorrow and this week.

I want you to know and to show you that if you have your health and do not suffer from bad knees and debilatating illness leaving you disabled, YOU CAN RUN A HALF MARATHON. If I, not a "true" runner can accomplish this with poor balance/awkward gait and double vision, then you certainly can too!

My time was slow (2 hours and 9 minutes) but who cares! I am not competing with anybody else. The point is to try and to finish.

Bath time! Enjoy your weekend!

"Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on the wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

- Isaiah 40:31

No comments: