Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Motivation

The following words from the "Seeds of Success" newsletter I recieved this morning left me with a "Wow!" impression. So I thought perhaps it could be the fill you need right now in your life also. Therefore, I want to share it with you.


"Choosing Motivation Over Defeat"

Each of us encounters hard times, hurt feelings, heartache, and physical and emotional pain. The key is to realize it's not what happens to you that matters—it's how you choose to respond. You can choose an inner dialogue of self-encouragement and motivation, or you can choose one of self-pity and defeat. Your inner dialogue will be reflected in how you act.

Keith Harrell, corporate trainer and the author of "Attitude is Everything", says there are several steps you can take to improve your attitude.

Here are six to get you started:
1. Repeat affirmations. Words charged with power and conviction, repeated several times a day, can reprogram your subconscious and trigger positive feelings that drive actions.

2. Discover what motivates you to take action to change your life. Basic motives include love, self-preservation, anger, financial gain and fear. Self-motivation requires enthusiasm, a positive outlook and a positive physiology—walk faster, sit up and smile. Believe in yourself and your potential.

3. Visualize positive outcomes to enhance and focus your skills. Peak performers, from surgeons to athletes, use visualization. Now, it's your turn.

4. Be enthusiastic. Enthusiasm is one of the most attractive qualities you can have. It's your burning desire that communicates commitment, determination and spirit. Enthusiasm puts you in motion.

5. Laugh. The more laughter in your life, the less stress you will have. There are also health benefits to lightening up.

6. Exercise. One of the best ways to gain a more positive mindset is to exercise.

It's no secret that life seems to reward us most when we approach it with a positive attitude. To read more from Keith Harrell, visit www.success.com.


It is funny that it came to me today after something I have been emotionally wrestling with and which has been eating too much of my thoughts. Basically I let someone else trample on my accomplishments and try to make me feel bad or wrong for what I am doing.

I realized it bothered me and that I was being pulled into the other person's negativity. The only way out was to focus on the postive people in my life, seek out motivation to bring it to me, and envelope myself with those who I admire, respect, aspire to be like, and want to know. I made a decision that I wanted to reach the goal of becoming "motivational" and that I must focus on the things I need to do/read that will help me get there. So the "Seeds of Success" could not have come at a better time!

No comments: