Sunday, April 10, 2005

A wonderfully delicious and MARVELOUS treat!

The past 4 mornings I have discovered for myself the fabulous world of making ones own fruit shakes. The shakes taste marvelous and are a good and nutritious way to get in your dairy and fruit requirement for the day. It is a good high power way to start the morning. I highly recommend them to anyone who is going through radiation, chemo, a soft foods only restriction, has swallowing difficulty, is on a diet, or anyone who just plain enjoys the taste of fruit shakes.

This morning I made myself a peach strawberry but the other three mornings I was thoroughly delighted in my peach mango concoction. Here is a sort of recipe that I whipped up:

One whole ripe mango skinned and sliced
One to one half cup of fat free frozen peach yogurt (I used Safeway brand)
1/4 cup of skim milk or whatever seems a good amount
1/4 cup or few drops of raspberry cranberry juice cocktail
Blend the mango first and then add and mix the other ingredients in the blender

Voila! Hope you enjoy as much as I have!

No comments: