Friday, January 14, 2011

"No" is not a dirty word.




Photo top left, me: "No, let's keep going up! I want to see what is over the edge."

Top of the gondola, me: "No, I am not ready to go back yet. I want to keep going a little further to check out the view there. (After hunting around and falling in a hole trying to find a place to pee) - "I am pretty cold and need to get my body temp up by working uphill."

When I am doing something I really enjoy, I don't want to stop savoring every minute of it. I think it boils down to the issue that I have had to face my own mortality again and again - cancer, a few brain surgeries, and thr threat of constantly growing brain tumors and a few hiding in my spine. I like to take advantage of doing things that make me feel alive as I am intimately aware life can change at any given moment.

click the following link to see how to sign "No".

http://www.signingsavvy.com/sign/NO/291/1

Make sure you check out the sign to confirm you are signing it correctly. I have seen some of you sign it with 2 fingers which is the sign for bird or a combination of the "yes" movement with the "no" handshape. Take a look. It is used with 3 fingers if you cannot see it clearly. You don't move the hand at all. You only take the open index-thumb-middle finger combination (as in the number 3) and simply close them bringing the fingers together. The annimation shows a repeating of this movement but in the Deaf community people just do a sharp snap of the movement once. I like to think of it as a friend's parrot closing his beak (he likes to bite me and NO he does not like me LOL).

No comments: