Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Mother's Day Visit

We all had a great time visiting my family in Moses Lake over the weekend. I was not able to exercise all week because I was so weak and tired. Yet when I visited my family I was able to take a walk with my dad and our dogs on both Saturday and Sunday morning.

It was nice to visit their home again. We had not been there since thanksgiving.

My mom was supposed to have the weekend off but she got called to duty as the child she cares for was released from the hospital. We were still able to squeeze in some quality visiting time though.

On Sunday we went to my sister-in-law's parents home for an early mexican feista bbq dinner. I was really impressed as her mom had several pads of paper and pens dispersed everywhere in the areas that we were socializing. That was really kind and considerate. Her stepdad also knew a little bit of sign (fingerspelling) which really surprised me. He had learned a long time ago when he was 19 because he had worked with a deaf person and wanted to be able to communicate with him.

As always, the visit was too short. Because Harley worked Monday night and I was so tired out on Sunday evening, we decided to drive back to Redmond on Monday morning. I slept most of the way but woke up in Easton (just in time to admire the entire route over the Cascade mountains).

Happy Belated Mother's Day to all you mothers and mom I hope you finally got some good rest!

No comments: