Friday, September 28, 2007

Homeward Bound!

Well, Becky, Harley, and my mom just shoved off toward home! Beck was discharged from the hospital this morning having had the IV taken out, no sickness overnight, and a hearty breakfast and lunch to top it off. The worst part of today was getting all the knots out of her hair!! After not being able to shower for a few days after surgery, she would have looked right at home in Jamaica with her dreadlocks! She also had her most challenging physical therapy session since the surgery. They had her going up (no problem) and down (very challenging) the stairs! Her walking is great and she can get around on her own, but she'll likely have a walker at home to help keep her gait straight and give her some extra stability. We don't want her falling now that she's gotten this far! Thanks again to everyone! We couldn't have done it without all your words, actions, thoughts and prayers through this time. I'm so happy to see how quickly Beck has bounced back. I have to say, though, I was never really worried about her. I know that she can do amazing things and I am so proud to have her as my sister! Now you can look forward to the true author of this odyssey to take over once again! Thanks for reading!
~Michelle

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rebecca!
So good to hear your surgery went well and you are on your way back home.
Safe journeys and well wishes for continued healing!
love
Melody

p.s. Hi Harley!

Anonymous said...

Becky,
I am glad that everything went well and you are on your way back home.
Please let me know anytime when you need help with house work or helping with the healing process while you recover.

Welcome back Becky and Harley!!
-Yumi

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! Going home...that's so exciting!!! Beck, you can do amazing things! I'm so happy for you that you can go home and finish your recovery there. Michell, Scott and Harley, thanks for all the updates. I've been reading daily when I get home. I think about you guys all day long and wonder how the day is going for you.
Love you all,
Barb
PS Katie and Jake will be so happy to see you! They will be good therapy too.

Anonymous said...

What a great team you've all been! Many thanks for the wonderful updates and for being there for Becky.

I'm so psyched you're doing so well, Beck! Keep up the great work. Your spirit is so strong!!! Looking forward to your post-op adventures! Love and Hugs, Jamie